Tuesday 10 September 2013

A pun-ful cake conversation


When I was first thinking of starting a cake blog and potentially a side-business, I was discussing potential names with my close friends. To get the creative juices flowing, I offered a free batch of cupcakes to whoever came up with my favourite name. I love a good pun so when "For Goodness Cake!" was suggested, that was it - competition over. The winner got to choose what flavour cupcakes she received which led to a conversation between myself and the winner's housemate. As you can see, the baking puns escalated somewhat ...


She has said carrot but she has time to change her mind ... and as her batter half I'm sure you can have some influence.

Love the cake puns! I'm glad she rose to the cake challenge!

She did indeed rise to the occasion - I could even call her my muse ... well if the choux fits. Thanks for your offer of help, there's so much stuff on the business side that I knead to know about. I have some good ideas etc but you know what they say about the best made flans ... ok, ok, enough of the cake puns. I'm sorry, I'll stop. Doughnut forsake me! Ha, sorry - what can I say, I'm a gluten for punishment ...

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Stop! You’re taking the biscuit! 

Ok, ok, I'll stop. It's the yeast I can do.

Scone-sidering the cir-cream-stances, I’ll let you off.

Oooh I do I d'eclair that was a good one. There really are hundreds and thousands of cake puns! This is getting a trifle out of hand now though with us egging each other on - we should probably stop the waffle. I'm having muffin more to do with this. 
I've tried raisin the standard, but the currant puns are getting pretty stale. I piped up too early with all my ideas and you've stollen some good ones - maybe we'll have to sponge off someone else now...


Did we miss any cake puns? Can you whisk up any new ones? If so, you butter write them in the comments below!


No comments:

Post a Comment